Being in business and having had an opportunity to observe so many self-made multimillionaires , the following traits seems to be common amongst all of them.
- Use people’s names.
- Look at them in the eye and show them you care.
- Say please and thank you.
- Listen several times more than you speak.
- Be on-time.
- Keep your promises. Under promise and over deliver!
- Be more concerned about helping than selling (people can sniff sincerity a mile away).
- Be passionate about your products and services so that passion gets transferred. Passion always sells more than the knowledge.
- Be better than anyone else in your field at what you do (so read up on the product, learn daily, develop yourself/skills and always be improving).
- Treat your customers like they are visiting royalty.
Simple strategies. But remember: what separates the best from the rest is their consistent adherence to a few simple best practices that over time evolve into spectacular results. And also remember, everyone is selling something.