Why is being Grateful important?
October 05, 2020
Gratitude can make you feel calmer, content and relaxed. Each time we reflect on what we have and what we are grateful for, our brains release Serotonin.Serotonin is the key hormone to stabilise our mood and happiness – it promotes our wellbeing. It also helps with sleeping and digestion.
Practice daily gratitude at the start of your day and notice how you feel happier, calmer and relaxed. I spend 5 minutes as part of my morning routine to be thankful for all I have.
I ask myself - what am I most grateful for today?
Each day my response includes:
· For my amazing family, colleagues, students
· I get to serve the world each day working with favorite people.
· My deep network of incredible souls (family and friends)
· I get to choose how I react and respond to each and every situation I find myself
· I get to choose how I nurture my mind, body and health
When we SERVE ourselves and show gratitude - we in turn SERVE all those we touch, see and interact with.
👉🏽 What are you most grateful for today and how will you embed the practice of daily gratitude into your routine?
Wishing you all a fabulous start to the week.