We all wish for more and even more every new year - just that we forget that we need to create space for all that 'more' to enter our system! So, here's me wishing you all to gain the strength, the ability, the mindset, the aptitude, and inclination to declutter your lives mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually, so that energy comes gushing and rushing into your life every moment.
Here are some subsets of those wishes - of how you can declutter simply and effectively.
1. May you be able to click 'select all' in your email inbox, and 'mark as read' and start your new year with no pending messages to be read. May you do this every evening before signing off for the day, so that the next day's inbox is a fresh one. Pending stuff is energy leakage.
2. May you buy and stock only so much as your storage space holds. And may you have the strength to discard and give away anything extra, so much so that there is always 20 per cent empty space in every storage medium - drawers, cupboards, etc. This is because the human body operates that way - the 80:20 ratio. An over-stocked house gives the same feeling that you get when you over-eat.
3. May you be able to recognize, analyze and change old negative thought patterns that may be governing your life. May you be able to convert them into positive rhythms and pulsate on the frequency of the earth. We often are victims of our thinking.
4. May you be able to forgive and let go. There's no use carrying old emotional baggage. It's your back and shoulder that's going to pain. (remember the saying 'weight on the shoulder'?) Talking of baggage, even if you have to carry one, it's not necessary to "carry it" all the time: you can keep it by the side and revisit it when you feel the need to.
5. May you get closer to your life's purpose this year and may you get the strength to take the steps necessary to do that. It's useful to keep trying to see the bigger picture to make more sense of the smaller ones.
May God bless us all, and here's wishing you all lots of energy and direction in the new year!