18262 days in this planet. and starting 18263rd day here. Thankful to amazing parents, wife, brother, teachers, friends and family for being there throughout this journey. My journey would have ended in 3176 days if not for all the Blessings and prayers from parents.
There’s something about milestone birthdays that make us reflect. And as great as it is to look back and be grateful for all the experiences that have shaped who I am today, I’m even more excited to look forward at what’s yet to come. You see, if there’s one thing I’ve learned, it’s that every day is a gift. We only get one life, and it’s up to us to decide how to spend our time. Working on making each day count for making a positive impact to make sure dash counted for something good. Don’t let people scare you. 50 is amazing!
I have more life experience than ever before.
I know myself better than ever before.
I have more meaningful relationships, and a purpose that drives me to get up and be excited about my work.
I have no idea what aging gracefully means, but aging happily is pretty sweet.
My wife Shobana was so thoughtful and kind to reach out to my long list of students and created an amazing video which made my day. I can't imagine the amount of work that went for creating that. It was lovely to see students from different timelines joining hands. Awesome to see everyone. Thank you, Shobana. It was the best Birthday gift, ever.
Spending time with my mom, son and wife. What more can I ask for? I do miss my dad, though. But I know he is there with me all the time guiding us every step on a day-to-day basis.
My advice is don’t get so busy with life that you forget to live. Spend your time wisely and invest in the things and people worth your time and energy.
- It's an opportunity to reflect and share some life lessons.
- The world is not black and white. Life is full of complexities and nuances, shades of gray that make every situation unique. Embrace the ambiguity and learn to navigate through it.
- Getting along is more important than being right. You don't always have to win every argument. Sometimes, maintaining relationships and harmony is far more essential.
- Nothing is more important than family. They are your rock in times of storm, your source of joy and balance. Cherish them.
- Elevation requires separation. Go work on yourself.
- There is a difference between giving your kids the you never had vs. giving them the things you never needed.
- Carpe diem: Seize the day, seize the moment, seize the opportunity. Make the most out of every day.
- Let go of what you can't control. Worrying about things beyond your control only drains your energy. Focus on what you can influence and let the rest unfold as it will.
As I step into the second half-century of my life, I carry these lessons close to my heart. Hoping they resonate with you too.
Thankful and feeling Blessed for everything. I have been blessed abundantly in every facet of life. I couldn't have asked for more.
When I was born 50 years ago today, my parents certainly rejoiced in the gift of my life. Today, I know that what I most desire—for my life to have significance, to add value, to be coherent—is not an achievement but a gift.