- Every action done in company ought to be with some sign of respect to those that are present.
- Show nothing to your friend that may frighten him.
- In the presence of others sing not to yourself with a humming noise, nor drum with your fingers or feet.
- Sleep not when others speak, sit not when others stand, speak not when your should hold your peace, walk not on when others stop.
- Let your countenance be pleasant but in serious matters somewhat grave.
- Show not yourself glad at the misfortune of another through he were your enemy.
- Use no reproachful language against anyone, neither curse nor revile.
- Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be along than in bad company.
- Speak not injurious words neither in jest nor earnest at none although they give occasion.
- Think before you speak, pronounce not imperfectly nor bring out your words too hastily but orderly and distinctly.
- Undertake not what you cannot perform but be careful to keep your promise.
- Speak not evil of the absent for it is unjust.
- When you speak of God or his attributes, let it be seriously and with reverence.
- Labor to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire called conscience.
12 posts categorized "Etiquette"
What do you mean when they say you have integrity. Integrity means you are telling the truth. Integrity means you are keeping one's promises. Integrity means taking responsibility for one's behavior.
I want to be virtuous person..According to George Washington Carver, A virtuous person is
- is clean both inside and outside.
- Neither looks up to the rich or down on the poor.
- Loses, if need be, without squealing.
- Wins without bragging.
- Is always considerate of women, children and old people.
- Is too brave to lie.
- Is too generous to cheat.
- Takes his share of the world and lets other people have theirs.